If your debilitating condition prevents you from working, you may be eligible for Social Security disability benefits. The Social Security Administration (SSA) offers two programs: Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). A South Bend Social Security disability attorney can help you navigate the complex claims process.
In order for the SSA to consider you eligible for these programs, you must follow their strict claims rules, requirements, and deadlines. To determine whether you qualify for benefits, the SSA will determine whether you meet both the medical disability and non-medical criteria. You must prove that you have a medical disability and qualify for the following:
- SSDI based on your work credits, or
- SSI based on your low income and assets.
A South Bend Social Security Disability Attorney Will Fight for You
At Barnes Caldwell Law, we comprehend how imperative your claim for Social Security benefits is. Our legal team has extensive experience in handling Social Security disability claims. We know how to navigate the complex claims process.
Our South Bend Social Security disability attorney will review your claim and then assess its validity. We can compile relevant and persuasive evidence supporting your claim to give you the best opportunity for approval.
Claimants often try to file a claim without legal assistance due to their financial constraints. If you are worried about the ability to pay attorney’s fees, don’t be. We receive payment only if your claim for benefits is successful. The maximum fees permitted are the lesser of 25% of the benefits you were already owed or $6,000. There are many other benefits to retaining our exceptional services, including the following:
- As a small law firm, we are able to provide you with personalized attention and representation from beginning to end. Firms that market to the masses or larger firms are focusing in accumulating business, not necessarily invested in you.
- Our South Bend Social Security disability attorneys are established in Indiana and are proud of our Midwestern values. We fight for your rights, we are conscientious, approachable, and we follow through.
- We not only listen, we also take the time to understand your concerns and limitations.
- More than 50% of the social security disability claims are denied for technical reasons. By specializing in Social Security disability, we know how to eliminate common mistakes and minimize the reasons the SSA may deny a claim. We regularly file Social Security disability claims and know the process and pitfalls.
Applying for Social Security Disability
There are three ways to submit your claim to the SSA:
- Online if applying for SSDI benefits. You cannot submit a SSI application online.
- In person at your local SSA office. You must first contact SSA at 1-800-772-1213 to make an appointment to submit your application in person. The SSA representative will then provide you with further instructions about the date, location and what paperwork to bring.
- Complete your application via telephone. Contact the SSA first at 1-800-772-1213 to set up a telephone appointment. Then, at that return phone call time, SSA will prepare your application. After you complete your call, SSA will mail you a hardcopy of your application for your signature. SSA will process it once the signed application is returned.
We can assist you with the application process, but you or your legally appointment representative must submit the application.
Speak to a South Bend Social Security Disability Attorney
The Social Security disability claims process can be both complex and stressful. We can examine your case, as well as advise you about your claim. Call a South Bend Social Security disability attorney with Barnes Caldwell Law today at 317-973-4474.